How To Go Live on TikTok? – An Complete Guide
TikTok is a growing application in the social media world. It gives a great opportunity for every individual, influencer, and marketer to show their valuable message to millions of people. TikTok is an amazing platform where you can promote your brand in different ways. Do you wonder how to go live on TikTok?
Keep reading this article! I’ll give you complete information about going live on TikTok.
TikTok provides lots of features every year, and in 2019, it introduces the live feature. The live stream feature allows TikTok users to connect with their followers in a real-time manner. Using the TikTok live stream feature can uplift your profile popularity, credibility, and online presence.
Why Should You Go Live On TikTok?
In this competitive world, everyone can’t share their message to the live news channel. Social media applications are great platforms to gain significant popularity instantly. TikTok is such a fantastic social media app with 800 million active users per month.
Moreover, you can use sticks, chats, smileys, GIFs, video calls to make the communication stronger. When you go live on TikTok, you can make people more active and encourage them to follow your profile for regular updates.
One more important reason you should go live on TikTok is that the platform users are teenagers and youngsters. If your target audience is TikTok girls, TikTok is undoubtedly an incredible source to get more success.
Benefits Of Going Live On TikTok
- Going live on TikTok is the best option to grow your TikTok audience.
- Through a live stream, you can share more information in the long form of video.
- One unique benefit of going live on TikTok is that your viewers can send you virtual gifts. You can convert those gifts into real money.
- It helps to improve your regular post engagement such as TikTok video likes, views, comments, and shares and enhance your profile growth rapidly.
- You can directly interact with your target audiences by going live on TikTok.
Requirements Of TikTok Live Streaming:
Compared to other social media platforms, TikTok follows a few requirements to access the live stream feature. It includes.
How Many Followers on TikTok to Go Live
- You need a minimum of 1000 followers in your TikTok profile to go live on TikTok.
- You should be 18 years old. Once you reach 16 years, you’re eligible to access TikTok live. But, if you are 18 years old, you can get some virtual gifts from your followers.
How To Go Live On TikTok?
Going live on TikTok is an easy process, and it is the same as recording a regular video on TikTok. Once you have the basic requirements, you can start a live session on TikTok. Follow the given step-by-step process to go live on TikTok.
1. Activate TikTok Live
If you’re a new user on TikTok, you can go live on TikTok instantly. You should fulfill the TikTok conditions to get a live feature. I already mentioned the requirements for going live on TikTok.
Gaining 1000 followers is a challenge, and it takes lots of time and effort. But, if you follow some effective strategy, you can definitely become famous on TikTok and receive thousands of followers to your TikTok account. Here are few tips for doing this,
- Create original and innovative content
- Follow consistency and regularly
- Upload content at the peak time of TikTok
- Collaborate with TikTok influencers
- Take advantage of paid ads
Once you get enough followers to your TikTok profile, you can proceed to the next step.
2. Create A Live Stream
Here are the steps to create TikTok live stream:
- Click the + icon at the bottom of the TikTok screen. Your camera roll will open in selfie mode.
- At the bottom of the camera screen, you can see different options such as 50 seconds, 15 seconds photo templates, and more.
- Scroll the options right till you reach the live option.
- Click the live option and tap the go-live button that appears in a red circle.
3. Add Cover Image And Video Title
Once you click the go-live button, you can see the small text at the top of the screen, where you can add a title of your live stream and cover image that attracts your viewers. You can add a 32 characters long title for your TikTok live video. Make an eye catchy caption that attracts your viewers to join the live video.
Moreover, you can also add relevant hashtags in your caption. It is a great way to make your live stream more discoverable. A live video with the right hashtag will show the notification who are interested in the type of content you promote.
Here are few tips for finding effective hashtags on TikTok:
- Find hashtags that your competitors use repeatedly.
- Scroll the TikTok For You page and pick hashtags under your category.
- Click the Discover tab on the TikTok home page to find relevant hashtags.
- Find hashtags that TikTok influencers are using
- You can also use hashtag finder hashtags to get the most popular and trending hashtags
4. Add Filters
You can see the two different features above the go-live option, one is smooth, and another one filters. To boost your video quality and visibility, you can use these two features. It will also capture your audience’s attention instantly.
5. End Your Live Session
On TikTok, there is no time limit to make your live stream. Once you complete the session, you can click the ‘X’ button at the top left corner of the TikTok screen.
How To Make A Creative TikTok Live?
However, just clicking the go-live button is not enough to grow your TikTok account. The way you communicate with your audiences and receive new visitors and followers to your TikTok profile is also crucial.
Updating yourself with the latest trends and techniques of TikTok is the best strategy to get ultimate reach.
Here, you can gain more ideas to make a unique live session on TikTok.
#1. Create Q&A Session
Along with the massive fan followings, your brand personality will enhance if you interact highly with your followers. You can greatly boost your TikTok following by conducting online meetings with your audiences and interacting with them.
As a business owner, you can ask questions relevant to your business, solve customer queries and get feedback from your target audiences. It is an effective method to uplift your brand presence and build trustworthy relationships with your audiences.
#2. Show Behind The Scenes Video
In TikTok live, you can create unique and innovative content that does not look like a regular post. Behind the scenes video is a perfect example to engage your audiences. For example, if you own a business, you can show your company environment, the process of making your products, your employees, and more.
In this way, you can build trust, encourage people to watch all your videos, and build a strong relationship with them. Additionally, it is one of the perfect options to generate leads on TikTok and drive sales.
#3. Organize Interviews
Collaboration is a great strategy to enlarge your followers count and inspire more visitors to check out your profile. If you organize any interviews or collaborations with popular persons, you can get more attention in a very short span.
If you organize interviews in TikTok live streams, you will create the opportunity for your audiences to interact with the guest. In this way, you will receive more new followers to your TikTok profile.
Moreover, you can give a small summary of your live topic and effective CTA words before finishing the live video. It will encourage audiences to view all your published content.
How To Schedule Your Live Event?
You can also schedule your upcoming live stream with the TikTok events feature. Here’s how to do it?
- On the TikTok profile page, click the calendar icon at the top right corner.
- Hare, you can create your upcoming event with the name, start date and time, small description, and duration.
- Before starting the event, you can share the link through TikTok in-app messaging or in the video.
- You can also make a promo video by clicking + icon on your events page.
- Then, record your video, add an event link and click the “Done” option to post.
Tips To Complete A Successful Live Streaming:
Before going live on TikTok, you fix some goals in your mind. For example, why do you go live on TikTok? What is the purpose – want huge engagement, increase popularity or fanbase, build a strong presence, or something else.
Here are some best practices you can follow when you go live on TikTok:
- Follow Tikok guidelines:
As a TikTok user, to go live on the app, you follow all the rules relevant to live to stream. If you break the rules, your account will be banned permanently or temporarily.
If you have any doubt about TikTok live streaming, you can access TikTok community guidelines to get the latest information.
- Make Memorable Interaction:
Human interaction is the key to making a successful TikTok live. During the live broadcast, you may encourage audiences to ask questions and share your opinion with them. If you create a friendly environment during live, you can get better outcomes.
How To Develop Your Live Strategy?
Implementation is essential for real and reel life. For every activity, you should think about how to develop the work more effectively than now. It is also the same as TikTok live streaming. Here are some useful tips for developing your TikTok live strategy:
- Be active – Before you go live on TikTok, you can announce the live stream by creating a usual feed post. It is the best strategy to encourage thousands of people to visit your stream directly.
- Sounds – Make sure to go live in a very peaceful environment so your audiences can feel well without disturbance.
- Follow Peak Time – To invite more people to your live streaming is to go live at the peak time when your audiences are active online.
- Length – TikTok allows you to go live on TikTok within 60 minutes. However, most people recommend living in 30 minutes.
- Optimization – TikTok allows creators to mute viewers while commenting, filter comments, and block some during the live stream.
- Network connection – A strong internet connection is key to host a successful live stream. So, make sure you have an internet connection before going live on TikTok.
Frequently Asked Questions About TikTok Live
- What is the perfect time to go live on TikTok?
The perfect time to go live on TikTok is the time when your followers are highly active on TikTok. If you have a TikTok pro account, you can find the peak time of your followers.
- Can I record audio during the live stream?
No, you can’t record the audio of the live broadcast. If you try to do this, the go-live button will be disabled.
- What is the effective call to action for TikTok live?
It is a best practice to add an engaging CTA at the end of your live stream. You can tell your TikTok audiences to follow your profile page and don’t forget to watch all your videos.
Can I go live with someone on TikTok?
Yes! You can make a request to join someone’s live stream. To do this,
- Go to the comment section of the live stream.
- You can see two smiling faces. Click on it.
- If they accept, you can collaborate with them.
Going live on TikTok is a powerful way to generate new audiences to your TikTok account, show long-form content to large audiences, and impress your viewers to visit your profile and follow them.
But, if you want to go live on TikTok, you should have 1000 followers in your profile. TikTok offers various features for TikTok to improve credibility and enhance your content reach.
If you follow all the conditions of TikTok and set a clear goal in mind before doing a live stream, you can maximize your fanbase to the next high level and achieve more success.
I hope the following tips help you to get a great achievement in the TikTok live and boost your online presence with high engagement!