How to Fix Netgear Extender Not Broadcasting SSID Issue?
Netgear extender not broadcasting SSID issue has become one of the biggest issues for many extender users around the world as they are unable to access the Netgear Genie Setup page. Well, can be a number of reasons why your extender’s SSID is not showing up in the list of networks. If you are among them, then you are lucky that you have redirected on this article.
Here, we will make you familiar with the reasons along with tips that will help you get rid of the issue in no time. Let’s start over, shall we?
Reasons Why Netgear_ext Is Not Showing
- Placement of Extender is Not Right
If your Netgear range extender is catching WiFi signals from your neighboring WiFi devices/ networks, then chances are Netgear_ext (default) SSID might not appear in the list of available networks.
Thus, to cope with the issue, make sure that your Netgear extender is kept in a place in your house where there is a lack of neighboring WiFi signal interference. The best place for your Netgear extender is in the middle and higher location of your house, near your WiFi router.
- Obstacles in the Extender’s Path
Interference-creating WiFi devices like Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, smart HDTV, gaming consoles, etc. might prevent your extender from broadcasting its SSID.
Thus, to deal with the issue, it is suggested to place your Netgear extender away from the reach of such interference-creating WiFi devices in your home. Apart from that, it is also suggested – not to place your Netgear extender on a congested, lower, and ventilated surface. Doing so may hamper your surfing experience as well.
- Check the Internet Connectivity
The reason why your Netgear range extender is not broadcasting SSID might be because of poor internet connection.
Thus, to fix the slow internet connection issue:
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is receiving an uninterrupted internet connection from your main router.
- Contact your service provider. Ask him whether you are on an active internet plan or not.
- Your router must not be outdated.
- The internet plan must be active and valid.
Once you have a steady and active internet connection, access the mywifiext setup page to confirm the same.
- Incomplete Netgear Extender Setup
Bear in mind – incomplete or partial Netgear extender setup may also result in the issue. Thus, to get the extender not broadcasting SSID issue fixed in a jiffy, navigate to the Netgear Genie setup page, follow the on-screen instructions and configure your WiFi range extender properly. Doing so will surely fix the issue for you.
- Netgear Extender Firmware is Outdated
Keep in mind that an outdated or wrongly performed Netgear extender firmware process doesn’t allow your device to broadcast the WiFi network name. So, if you want to fix many big issues with your Netgear extender (apart from the mentioned one), consider updating its firmware to the latest version. If you have queries in mind that how to update the Netgear extender’s firmware, feel free to let us know via comments.
Still your Netgear Wifi Range Extender Not Broadcasting SSID (WiFi Network Name)? Don’t sweat over it! Consider resetting the Netgear extender back to the default factory settings.
- For this, simply locate the reset hole on your Netgear extender.
- Once found, press it gently using a pin or a paper clip.
- After resetting your Netgear WiFi extender, make sure to configure it using the step-by-step instructions provided on the Netgear Genie Setup page. For this, you have to log in to your Netgear extender using mywifiext web address and default login credentials (if not changed).
In a Nutshell
That’s all! Anticipating that, the Netgear extender troubleshooting tips given in this article have helped you out in fixing the extender not broadcasting the SSID issue on the fly. You are more than welcome to share your feedback with us. Also, feel free to share with your fellow readers which method helped you fix the Netgear extender not broadcasting the SSID issue.