Netgear Router Connected But No Internet? Here’s the Fix!
If your Netgear router is connected but you still can’t access the internet, it might be because of the following reasons:
- The connection between your router and modem is not stable.
- The firmware of your router is either corrupted or outdated.
- Too much distance between your WiFi devices can also lead you to the Netgear router connected but no internet issue.
- Your Netgear wireless router is damaged.
Now, you can take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and learn how to get rid of the issue at hand within a matter of minutes.
Fixed: Netgear Router Connected But No Internet
- Reboot Your Netgear Router
We didn’t mention this before but technical glitches can also cause the Netgear router connected but no internet issue. To bid adieu to these glitches, it is recommended that you reboot your wireless device.
Follow the instructions below to give your router a restart:
- Disconnect your Netgear router from the existing modem.
- Power off your router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your Netgear router back into its wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Do not forget to reconnect your Netgear router to the existing modem.
Once you are done rebooting your home router, access www.routerlogin.net and check whether you are still facing the Netgear router connected but no internet issue. If you are, continue reading.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
On the off chance, it is, get it replaced with a new one immediately. You can also consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Bring Your Devices Closer
As mentioned in the beginning of this post, you might be experiencing the Netgear router connected but no internet issue because the distance between your router and existing modem is too much.
To troubleshoot the issue, bring your devices closer. But, not too close! Otherwise, their WiFi signals might clash and force you to fall into another pit of technical issues.
Now, try to access the Nighthawk router login page again to check the status of the internet connection. Are you still not able to? Wow! We didn’t expect that. But, worry not. We do have a couple of troubleshooting hacks left to help you out. Keep reading.
- Reset Your Netgear Router
Restoring the device to the factory default settings is the ultimate way to get rid of technical issues. So, follow the guidelines given below and get to know how to reset your Netgear WiFi router:
- Look at all sides of your Netgear router and locate the Reset button.
- Take an oil pin and press the Reset button using it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
In a minute or two, your Netgear router will get restored to the factory default settings.
Note: Access 192.168.1.1 and configure your Netgear wireless router from scratch.
- Get Your Router Replaced
If even after trying the ultimate hack, you are facing the Netgear router connected but no internet issue, then it means there is something wrong with your router itself.
In that case, consider getting the router you are currently using replaced with a new one.
The Bottom Line
Coming across the Netgear router connected but no internet issue is quite common. However, many users struggle while troubleshooting it. If you are in the same mess, then trust us, following the hacks mentioned in this post will surely be of advantage to you.
If this post helped you out even a bit, do leave your feedback via the comment section.