Guide to Resolve Orbi Satellite Not Connecting to Router Issue
Along with Netgear extenders, Netgear Orbi routers are also known as one of the best networking devices in the WiFi industry these days. However, they are nothing without their satellites. If you are unable to connect your Orbi router to the satellite or vice-versa, you are in trouble. But, worry not. We can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.
Walk through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post and learn how to get rid of the Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting to router issue in a matter of minutes.
Fixed: Orbi Satellite Not Connecting to Router
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Devices
Many users prefer rebooting their devices whenever they come across technical issues. It has worked for most of them. Chances are that it might work for you too.
Thus, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot your Orbi router:
- Turn off your Netgear Orbi router.
- Pull the power cord of the router from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your Netgear Orbi router back into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
Once you are done rebooting your Orbi router, do the same with your Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
If rebooting your Netgear Orbi devices didn’t resolve the Orbi satellite not connecting to router issue, it might be because of an outdated firmware.
Therefore, waste no more and update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version right away by following the guidelines given below:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Launch an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, etc.
- In the address field of the browser, type orbilogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get redirected to the official login page of your Orbi wireless device named Netgear Orbi login.
- When prompted, input the default admin details of your Orbi router.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Click the Maintenance option.
- Select Firmware Update.
Now, check whether you are able to resolve the Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting to router issue. If the answer is no, follow the next troubleshooting hack.
- Press the Sync Button
Another common reason why your Netgear Orbi satellite is refusing to connect to the router is because you haven’t pressed the Sync button on either of your devices.
To troubleshoot the issue, make sure that the Sync button on your Orbi router as well as the Orbi satellite is pressed. Otherwise, connecting your devices will remain a dream forever.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
WiFi interference is one of the major reasons why even the best of technical devices stop performing well. Perhaps, your Netgear Orbi satellite and router are not functioning well because of the same damn reason.
Thus, keep WiFi interference at bay by ensuring that your Orbi devices are not placed anywhere near:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Bluetooth speakers
- Microwave ovens
- Fish tanks
- Aluminum studs
- Concrete walls
Also, avoid placing your Netgear Orbi devices near utensils containing a large amount of water.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi Devices
Did not even a single troubleshooting hack help you get rid of the Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting to router issue? Well, if that is the case, then it is recommended that you perform factory default reset.
Here is how you can reset your Netgear Orbi router to the factory default mode:
- Locate the Reset button located on your Orbi router.
- Take an oil pin or a toothpick and use it to press the Reset button.
- Hold on for a few seconds.
After resetting your Netgear Orbi router, do not forget to do the same with your WiFi satellite.
Note: Restoring your device to the factory default settings will erase every change that you have made to it till date. Thus, you need to perform Netgear Orbi setup via orbilogin again.
Many users face problems while troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting to router issue. However, if you take the help of the hacks mentioned in this post, trust us; you will surely be able to get rid of the issue you were experiencing with your wireless device.