What is 10 years of continuous residence for ILR application?
One of the foremost requirements for Indefinite Leave to remain applications is meeting the continuous long residency requirements & how to get ilr in uk.
Applicants staying in the UK on any work, investment or study visa, must meet continuous lawful residency to be eligible for ILR applications.
This continuous residency means that the applicant has spent lawful residence in the UK with permitted residence and they have not been away from the UK for a specific time period.
What do you need to meet long residency requirements?
- The first requirement is that you must have a continuous residence CC aDcof 10 years
- You must meet all criteria for ILR application acceptance and you are not conducive to public good.
- You should not be in the refusal pitfall for ILR applications
- You must have the life in the UK and English language test pass certificate
- Period of overstay must not be more than 28 days, and that must be before 24 November 2016.
Continuous residence is shown by
If you are looking to apply for Indefinite leave to remain on any of the following visas then you must show continuous residence requirements.
- Skilled worker visa
- Sole representative visa
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa
- Innovator visa
- Global talent visa
- Temporary worker visas
- Hong Kong British national overseas visas
- Dependent partner routes for skilled worker, T2 Ministry of Religion, Global talent, Innovator and Hong Kong BNO visas.
Qualifying period for ILR application
You must spend a minimum number of years in order to qualify for ILR applications.
- Skilled worker visa- 5 years
- Tier 2 Ministry of Religion visa- 5 years
- Sportspersons visa- 5 years
- Sole representative visa- 5 years
- UK Ancestry visa- 5 years
- Global talent visa- 3 years
- Innovator visa- 3 years
- Hong Kong BNO- 5 years
- Temporary worker visas- 5 years
All Indefinite Leave to Remain applications are made online from within the UK, with all supported documents.
- Your passport
- Your biometric information
- Certified translations of documents
How long will it take?
Generally, you can expect the decision to come within 6 months of time, but if you choose super priority service, you will receive the results on the next day of your appointment on a weekday and it takes 2 days in case your appointment is on a weekend.
The cost of ILR application is £2,389.
You will be reached out to by the UK Home Office if your application is complex and needs additional evidence, if you need to attend an interview or you have some compelling reason for the same.
Once you have ILR, you can work,study, run your own business, use UK public funds, pension benefits, and apply for British citizenship in one years time.
Help from immigration experts
Taking legal assistance is an added advantage for your application. Immigration experts can help you represent your case, coordinate with the Home Office, and update you with any changes to your application.
For more information and bespoke immigration and visa services, connect with UK’s leading immigration experts, A Y & J Solicitors.