How To Plan Safe Greek Island Holidays
Going out for the holidays with family is no more an activity to follow once in a year, now you just need to plan a break from your work and go out for spending quality time with family. But, where to go for small holiday is the matter of concern for most of the people, because if you plan to visit a place that has an abundance of historical monuments, a plethora of shopping malls and other tourist destinations, then definitely going to such place for a short holiday will not make a sense. Because, due to time stagnation you will not be able to enjoy any of the places properly, moreover you will not get enough time to relax and spend with your family.
Therefore, it is better to visit someplace where you are able to find not only enough time to relax in a peaceful atmosphere, but also enjoy lots of fun activities with his family. If you are also planning to go for a short holiday with your family, then visiting any of the islands in Greece can be a good idea. This is mainly because visiting islands offer you the privilege of spending substantial time in the arms of nature and also to witness the changing mood of the environment on the islands.
Interestingly, Paxos Island in the Ionian sea, of Greece can be regarded as one of the best places for you to visit with family. Paxos is one of the smallest islands in Greece, and therefore you can explore its beauty and the surrounding villages within the span of three to four days. Moreover, as the island does not own its personal airport, it is visited by the specific segment of the visitors, mainly searching for some solitude location. This has helped the island in being recognized as one of the highly preferred Greek Islands Holidays among the tranquility lovers.
But before you plan your visit to this small island there are some tips for you to keep in concern to avoid any type of inconvenience during your holiday. Although, the island has everything to offer the visitors coming in his arm, but still there are some things for you to consider, because finally forewarned is forearmed.
1. Availability Of Sufficient Cash: You will agree that substantial cash is a vital element to keep in concern before the commencement of any work, and going for the holiday is not an exception to it. Although carrying huge cash is quite risky in the current scenario, but still, if you are visiting any of the islands in Greece, then carrying sufficient cash is the best way to make the payment for the services and products acquired by you. Because, most of the islands lack the facility of ATMs and the shopkeepers do not accept the credit cards, thus carrying substantial cash in your wallet will help you in enjoying your holidays to their full extent.
2. Think Of The Island: According to an estimate there are almost more than 227 inhabited islands in Greece. Some of them are quite bigger while some are quite small, like the Paxos island. So, depending upon the duration of your holiday you can select any of the islands. Interestingly, today there are lots of websites which can provide you the detailed information about all the islands at one click.
3. Book a Villa: Well, once you have decided to visit any of the particular islands and even got your air tickets confirmed, the next thing for you to consider is booking a villa for your staying. For instance, if you are visiting Paxos Island, then by using the term “Villas in Paxos” in your search engine, you will get complete information about different types of villas available on the island. Depending upon your requirement you can book a villa in Paxos, from the official website of the villa owner.
4. Smoke Carefully: Although, smoking in public places is restricted in Greece, but still the government has not succeeded in stopping the practice of smoking in cafes and restaurants. But, as you are a visitor, it is suggested to smoke only at the places which are not restricted by the local authorities for smoking.
5. Book A Ferry: However, the management of the villas take the responsibility of your hospitality and looking after your various needs, but in case if you want to book a ferry at your own end, then you can book a ferry for travel the surrounding areas through their website.
6. Know The Season: As a normal practice the days between the middle of July to the end of August are regarded as the best days to explore the beauty of islands in Greece. At the same time it is the period when most of the hotels and villas are overcrowded due to most of the Greeks also going for the holidays during the same days. Booking your villa in advance will offer you an opportunity of enjoying sufficient discounts from the villa providers.
7. In Case Of Theft: Finally the last but not the least in case if you find that any of your luggage is missing, then instead of taking help from the local guides, it is better to contact the department of tourist police to rectify the issue. Because, the guides or agents are fluent in different languages and by showing sympathy they can collect lots of personal information about you, which could be harmful. So, try to refrain from them and contact the tourist police in case of any incident.