Ashwagandha : The Overall Health Booster
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medical science has given the whole world a lot of solutions to treatments of various ailments by using simple herbs and natural products. The ayurvedic products are all natural and mostly without any side effects. Speaking about health boosters, Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful herbs that has been used for years for boosting the body’s immunity and enhancing the overall health.
Ashwagandha, means the “smell of horse” in sanskrit is an amazing herb with a lot of medicinal properties which is known for maintaining and nourishing our body’s tissues, particularly muscle and bones. Ashwangandha can be consumed in the form of supplements like tablets, powders or capsules. These ashwagandha tablets are great for replenishing the energy, vitality, boosting the immunity, and even providing your body the drive to tackle a jam-packed schedule. These supplements are usually consumed with warm milk to enhance the immunity. Ashwagandha is known as Rasayana, multivitamin tablet made using this herb is used for promoting both physical and mental health, providing defense against diseases, and also slowing down the process of aging.
Some benefits of using Ashwagandha:
- Ashwagandha supplements can reduce blood sugar levels
- Ashwagandha supplements provides your body with antioxidants that helps in enhancing immunity
- Ashwagandha supplements can help in enhancing memory and other cognitive functions
- Consuming Ashwagandha supplements on a regular basis can help in lowering the levels of stress hormones in our body
- Ashwagandha can boost your energy level and enhance your performance for a better workout
- Ashwagandha supplements from brands like Upakarma Ayurveda, TrueBasics and Morpheme Remedies are beneficial for dealing with fertility issues in men
- These supplements helps in boosting your stamina
- The Ashwagandha Supplements act as natural health boosters and helps in improving the muscle mass
- Ashwagandha supplements can help in reducing depression, anxiety and stress. These are a kind of Adaptogens, which helps in bringing the body’s stress response to normal levels.
- Supplements that contain Ashwagandha are known to decrease inflammation and increase natural killer cell activity.
- Ashwagandha may help in reducing the risks related to heart. These supplements helps in decreasing the level of cholesterol in the body
- Ashwagandha supplements have several anti-ageing benefits
How To Choose Ashwagandha Supplements?
Before buying any ashwagandha supplement, make sure to read the ingredients. A good supplement should be Non GMO, Gluten free, ISO, FSSAI & GMP certified. Ayurveda ashwagandha capsules or tablets are usually made with organic materials and are 100% vegetarian capsules.
How To Use Ashwagandha Supplements?
You can consume 1 tablet or capsule daily as per the requirement, or as directed by your physician. One can consume the capsules 30 mins after a meal along with water or with milk.
If you are using the powdered form of the Ashwagandha, then you can mix 1 teaspoon of the powder in about 200ml of water or milk. The best thing is to consult a doctor and take the dosage as directed by your physician.
Who Should Not Consume Ashwagandha Supplements?
Do not consume any supplement without consulting a medical practitioner, if you are a lactating mother, pregnant lady , below the age of 18 years or have any other medical issues.
We hope we were able to make you understand why you should be consuming ashwagandha supplements. For more queries, you can leave a comment and we will definitely try to answer your questions.