How to Smoke Weed Out of Bong
So you’ve heard of the bong and seen people using it, but you’ve yet to experience it for yourself. Don’t worry; you’re not alone. The first time everything can be confusing. So just calm down, take a deep breath and relax.
That’s because every question on your mind will be answered in this post. Like most people who try the bong for the first time for smoking weed, you may be wondering where to start.
Before getting technical, it’s vital to note that the effects you get from your weed and the CBD benefits will depend mainly on how you consume it. Generally speaking, bongs are safer options for smoking than joints and pipes.
However, there’s a wide variety of percolator bonds and cannabis strains to choose from. So continue reading to find out how to make the best use of these fantastic smoking accessories on your first try.
How They Work
For starters, let’s look at the different parts of the bong.
- Main chamber: Usually, the cylindrical part is the lower part of the bong. It has one open end, which serves as the mouthpiece. The other end is close to keep water within it.
- Down stem: This tube serves as the pipe connecting the main chamber and the bowl piece. It’s typically positioned at 45 degrees.
- Bowl piece: You’ll place your weed in this part of the bong. But first, you need to ground it before feeding it into the bowl piece.
With these two main parts, the bong allows users to pass smoke from your cannabis through the water it contains before users inhale it. The water serves as a coolant and filter that removes ash and water-soluble toxins from the smoke.
If you’re using spryte replacement coils or want the effects of other cannabinoids, the bong is ideal because they’re not water-soluble compounds. So what about the actual smoking?
Let’s find out how.
Steps to Smoking Weed Out of Bong
1. Choose The Right Fit
Bongs come in diverse sizes and shapes. There are varieties such as mini bongs, zig-zag shaped, and gravity bong, among many others. However, the standard bong is the ideal choice for beginners. It should be easy to use and safely set up.
But whatever may be the type of bong available to you, it’s worth noting that they all work fundamentally the same. So once you’ve successfully selected your bong, it’s time to find the rest of the ingredients. In the bong world, these are called the five elements.
2. The Five Elements
Fire, water, stem, weed, and bong are the five elements you should know and have at your disposal. Once you’ve secured these five items, follow the procedure below:
- Fill your bong with enough water to submerge a portion of the stem, preferably 1 inch above the meeting point of the stem and the main chamber.
- Pack the bowl piece with your grounded weed. Try packing your weed such that no particles get into the water while air goes through reasonably well.
- Set your weed ablaze with your mouth firmly placed over your mouthpiece.
- Begin sucking the smoke produced by the burning weed into the water chamber.
- Keep your lighter to the bowl while blowing air.
- Ensure there’s sufficient smoke in your main chamber with your mouth still on the mouthpiece.
- Now, take the bowl away from the down stem.
- Deeply inhale your weed into the lungs and hold for a couple of seconds.
- Repeat the process a few times before passing the bong.
It’s as simple as that; you have started using a bong. But you’re finished yet.
3. Hit The Bong
You have to learn how to remain in control while using the bong. This means you have to decide the amount of smoke to allow into the chamber. You don’t have to follow any standards. It depends solely on your personal preference. If you want a substantial hit, you’ll have to concentrate your smoke by drawing more into the main chamber.
Some users prefer to use other liquids apart from water. For example, some use pineapple juice and you can also give it a try.
4. Observe The Results
Your overall experience depends mainly on the size of the hit you took. Hence, things could be a bit rough or smooth. But do remember to hold the smoke in for a while before exhaling. This will ensure that you don’t lose any good stuff like the cannabinoid effects of your weed.
If executed flawlessly, you should feel a sensation of satisfaction, lightheadedness, and high. Once you get to this point, you can rest assured that everything will be fine.
It’s essential to learn how to grip a bong so you don’t drop it by accident. After all, they’re mostly made of glass. Then you also have to figure out the right way to rip it, so your bong doesn’t lose the smoke you have going. When you consider some of these variables, it’s easy to see how the bong may not be the most suitable way to smoke weed. Nevertheless, it’s one of the safest smoking accessories you can find. Those looking to eliminate the risks associated with smoking can use bong or other forms of cannabis-derived products such as capsules, gummies, oils, and lotions.