Growing Trend of Glass Balustrades And What To Choose?
If you are building a new house or are looking for ways to modernize or improve the outlook of your house, you would be thinking about using Glass Balustrades. These are required to provide safety for balconies, stairs, and for fencing the places where it is required. Glasses are being extensively used in modernizing new houses or improving the look of your house. Apart from providing aesthetics the glasses provides a well-lighted space reducing darkness. You can see the use of glass in various places like doors, windows, kitchen splashbacks, or show screens. The imagination is all up to you where and how you use it.
Glass Balustrades provide safety as well as an unobstructed view of the outside scenery. If used outside, it also restricts wind, thus serving two purposes of giving beauty to providing shelter from external elements.
Different types of Glass Balustrades that are in trend
There are three different types of trends in Glass Balustrades installation that one can consider getting done. It would be best if you looked for the option that is best suited to your needs, be it beautification and safety.
- Framed – These can be installed where ever you want, be it balcony or staircase. It is apt for both commercial and personal use. The frame is of your choice, from wood to aluminum. They are fitted using stainless steel hardware. They are quite sturdy, but that doesn’t mean that style is compromised.
- Semi-framed – As the name suggests, these types have frames just on the upper and lower sides. The gaping between the panels of glass is not left much. These provide a better-unobstructed view from the framed ones as vertical framing is not there.
- Frameless – These have no frame at all. These are made from laminated and toughened glass, which is a tough material. These are the best and most trendy-looking architectural-wise. They These are used both in commercial and personal constructions. It can be seen installed in balconies, patios, decks, or terraces and add to their beauty. Mostly it is in use because of it is easy to maintain and clean. It remains the same in appearances for years.
Why must one install these?
Are you still confused about getting these installations done? It would be best if you went through these pointers to make up your mind.
- Glass Balustrades are hard and sturdy.
- They blend with your home’s interior and exterior pretty well. One doesn’t have to rack his brains whether they will go with your house interior or structure as glass blends well with any kind of décor.
- It makes your space look more open and big.
- They are weather-resistant, easy to maintain, and long-lasting.
Use of Glass Balustrades according to BCA (Building Code of Australia)
Glass Balustrades are a must to use, as stated by BCA. They made some specifications regarding the height of the same, which are:
- The minimum height of the fence is 1 meter. You can also increase it depending on the layout and height requirement.
- For stairways, it is 875mm from the nose of each stair and 1 meter above the landing of the stair.
- Space between the handrail and landing should not be more than 125mm sphere.
- Frameless balustrades are allowed but with a rail that can hold a weight of about 75 kilos per meter.
When we build a house, we are always on the lookout for the most trend-setting things that we can use in our home. But with that, we are always cautious about how long this trend will last, but with Glass Balustrades, one doesn’t have to be cautious while installing as glasses have been used in architectural designs for a long time and are here to stay.