How to Straighten Hair 6 heat free tips for Straight hair
Transforming your wavy and curly hair to a sleek and straight look is challenging, especially without using heat styling tools. Using heat styling tools like flat iron and hairdryer over time strips your hair of moisture and causes breakage. There are many techniques you can use to achieve straight hair without frying or scorching it. It will be more difficult to obtain the look of straight hair without jeopardizing your hair’s health if you have curly and coily hair textures. You will have more options if you’re willing to embrace the look with a slight curl or a little bounce. Without further due, here are six heat-free tips to achieve beautiful straight hair.
Blow Dry Your Hair On Cool Setting
If you’ve already mastered straight and sleek hair with a traditional “blowout,” try mixing it up a little by using cool air blasts instead after you’ve let your hair dry naturally. Straighten your hair in sections with a hairdryer on a cool setting from roots to tips. The blow dry on a cool setting does not take long. Don’t forget to apply a straightening serum or a lightweight leave-in conditioner to your long hair; it helps tame fly-away strands and aids in maintaining the sleek and straight look. The cool setting has been proven to cause less damage and breakage compared to hot setting.
Hair Wrapping Technique For Straight Tresses
The hair wrapping technique is a common method for getting straight hair without using heat, but not everyone knows how to do it properly. Fortunately, YouTube has a plethora of hair wrapping tutorials for practically any hair type. While there are multiple methods for different hair lengths and textures, the overall technique is the same. Before you straighten your hair with the hair wrapping technique, you will need a satin scarf and long bobby pins-also known as roller pins. Follow these steps to perform the hair wrapping technique to achieve beautiful straight hair.
- Take a big section of hair around the crown and tie it away.
- Decide on your parting and brush knots & tangles out with your hairbrush. If you want a left parting, then comb and part it in the opposite direction. This will help achieve a fuller look.
- Take your hair around to the opposite side of your head from where it naturally falls, and pin it tightly to the side of your head, holding it firmly.
- Repeat the steps for each section and use a satin scarf to wrap your hair before going to bed. Wake up to beautiful heatless straight hair.
Straighten With Hair Roller
You may get somewhat wavy hair with volume and a glossy finish without using heat if you buy plastic rollers (1 3/4 diameter or larger). For short hair, you will need four jumbo rollers, but you can add more rollers. Follow these steps to straighten your hair with jumbo hair rollers.
- Divide your hair into equal sections.
- Dampen your hair from roots to tips
- Roll your sectioned hair with the jumbo rollers and secure individually with hair clips.
- Keep the rollers on for 2-3 hours. You can also sit under a hooded dryer for an hour.
- Take the rollers out individually after 3 hours and apply French Argan oil.
- Grab a boar bristle, brush and wrap the hair around your head. Use a silk scarf, wrap it around your hair and gently turn it upwards.
These are six easy steps that will guarantee beautiful straight hair. Try them for your curly hair and enjoy a sleek heatless look for medium-length or short hair.
Use Hair Products That Straighten Hair
Haircare products like shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioners, hairsprays, and just about everything else you can think of are designed to help you relax and calm your hair. Experimenting with products designed for straight hair is a good place to start. Smoothing serums and spray-on conditioners with keratin can cover your strands, weighing them down and relaxing your curls. It’s essential to start with a shampoo and conditioner developed specifically for straight hair. After you’ve washed your hair:
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Apply a smoothing cream—or use a leave-in conditioner to prime your hair.
- Finish with a smoothing serum or oil, depending on your hair type.
Sleep With Wet Hair
It is difficult to sleep with your hair in a wrap or jumbo rollers then, start small and simple. Go to bed with wet hair. Tie your hair into a loose ponytail at the crown and create a bun shape by wrapping it around the ponytail with another hair tie. When you sleep with wet hair, it is important to use a satin pillow cover to prevent and reduce friction against your hair. This, in turn, helps achieve straight hair in the morning without breakage.
Semi-Permanent Straight Hair With Sew-Ins
Sew-ins are a great way to achieve beautiful semi-permanent looks regardless of your hair length and texture. Wearing a weave is a subtle technique to give your look additional length and volume. Wefted hair extensions are sewn into your natural hair after being braided into tracks using the weaving technique. Get sew-ins installed using straight hair bundles. This method comes with a lot of advantages, including ease of styling, and is easy to manage.
Going from your natural texture to straight hair without heat is a challenge, but not impossible. While no two hair textures are identical, experimenting with different ways to make your hair look glossier and straighter may be a fun way to learn more about yourself. Curly and wavy hair texture is genetic, but you can train your hair to act a certain way. These are six ways to straighten your hair without frying it. Blow out your hair on a cool setting, use hair straightening products, and use heatless rollers to get beautiful sleek, long straight hair.