Power Chair Repair & Maintenance Tips!
There are around 2.5 million wheelchair users in America today and the number is still growing. With this increasing number, mobility equipment and device manufacturers are inventing new and easy-to-use equipment and devices to help promote independent living. Thanks to these companies, you now have a power chair.
This is the wheelchair that uses a battery and makes it easier for wheelchair users to move. Since these come under the category of expensive investment, it is important that you follow a proper power chair repair and maintenance schedule to keep your wheelchair functioning well.
Here, we are going to discuss with you the complete power chair maintenance guide. So, let’s begin.
Tips to power chair repair & maintenance
Follow all the points we are going to mention below and you will be golden.
1. Follow Daily Cleaning Routine for Power Chair
2. Keep a check on the power chair battery
3. Keep the power chair dry
4. Keep a check on your power chair’s wheels
These are the tips that would help you keep a check on your power chair and keep it healthy and operational for a long time.
1. Follow Daily Cleaning Routine for Power Chair – To keep your power chair functional, it is essential that you follow a daily cleaning routine. Remember, since it is an electric device, settling dust & dirt can cause serious operational problems. This is why it is prudent that you clean your chair every day and remove all the built-up food deposits & dust. This step will not take much of your time if it is done on daily basis.
2. Keep a check on the power chair battery – The next thing that must be done when it comes to the power chair repair and maintenance is to keep a close watch on the electric wheelchair battery. Since without batteries, it is impossible to operate a power chair, it is crucial you keep it healthy and charged. To do so is –
- Always use the charger that is provided by the manufacturers.
- Always make sure that you keep its battery charged to at least 70% within the first 10 days of the purchase.
- Always charge the electric wheelchair to its full capacity.
- Do not drain its battery more than 80%
3. Keep the power chair dry – Like any other electric device or product, it is critical that you keep the power chair dry at all times. If not, the power wheelchair will cause corrosion which will affect the functioning of the wheelchair. In case you hear any kind of noise coming out of the wheelchair, you must give a call to a professional for power chair maintenance.
4. Keep a check on your power chair’s wheels – The next thing on the list of things to keep a check on for wheelchair maintenance is to keep an eye on its wheels. Always keep your tires pressured. Remember, under-inflated and overinflated tires can cause serious wobbling of your wheelchair, causing accidents.
These are a few tips that would help you keep your power chair functional for years and years. So, enjoy the independence of mobility with the power chair. You can check the best collection of power chairs online at Mobility 123.